St Monica has a variety of Volunteer Opportunities available for those interested to serve in the church, the parish and the surrounding communities. Detailed information can be found within this site.
Please also be sure to check the
for individual opportunities throughout the year.
For more information on any volunteer opportunity, feel free to contact the parish office at 925.376.6900. We look forward to welcoming your services.
Adopt-a-Family Holiday Program
- Again this holiday season, the St. Monica community will join with
Monument Crisis Center
to help brighten Christmas for needy low-income families in our area. For more than 40 years, the
Share the Spirit Program
has provided the simplest holiday traditions for families. As in past years, St. Monica has 50 families this year - 25 families with 2 children and 25 families with 3 children. Each adopted family receives the following: 2 gifts for each family member under 18, one family gift and enough grocery gift cards for a nice holiday meal. Your gifts
be dropped off at the Church on the morning of December 5 to be delivered to the Monument Crisis Center. For questions, please call the Parish Office 925-376-6900.
- Join this
of prayer and support to help grieving families as they hold funerals in our parish for their loved ones. Sign up required; participate as you are available. Contact Sr. Mary La Salette at 925.376.6900 x112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Liturgy of the Word
- Open to both High School Youth and Adults, help celebrate the Sunday readings during
Children's Liturgy of the Word
with children K-5th grade during the 9am Mass. Please contact Sr. Teresa, 925-376-6900 x203
- If you would like to know more about serving the church by participating in the
to assist in the distribution of the Body and Blood of Christ during the mass, please contact the parish office at 925.376.6900. Free training is provided.
- Greet and welcome fellow parishoners and visitors when you set up, serve and distribute refreshments following the 9am mass.
- Help the elderly, homebound or sick by delivering the Eucharist, visiting and/or listening with a compassionate heart as part of the
Pastoral Care Ministry
. Training provided. Contact Sister Mary La Salette at 925.376.6900 x112.
Shoes That Fit -
support a child in need of St. Anthony's School in Oakland but purchasing a school uniform. Details available on the yellow cards at both entrances of the church.
Soup to Serve
- The St. Monica's Soup to Serve Ministry feeds the homeless in Berkeley through J.C. Orton of the Catholic Worker. Volunteers meet at every Friday at 9:45am (or after morning mass) in the Peace Center kitchen. All are welcome to attend! No prior experience necessary, just show up and be ready to help make soup, share stories and laugh. If you have any questions feel free to call or email Sonja Crumbaugh (925-247-0155 or
) or Maura Clogher (925-376-9328 or
- The St. Monica
offers middle school and high school students a variety of programs in which to participate that help serve local communities as Disciples of Christ. Contact Miranda Ripoli at
for more details.